InternshipsBringing together education and real-world experience to kick start your future!
Our internship program is designed to provide you with insight into the world of public accounting while developing skills, experiences and relationships within the firm. You will see the practical application of the information you are learning in college as you take part in client projects.
While interning, you will have access to professionals at all levels of the firm. The knowledge, skills, and relationships that you build during your internship with Brown Edwards can propel you to the front of the line when it comes to full-time employment. Our interns usually return for multiple seasons, steadily building on their skills and experiences so that they are able to take on more complex projects and responsibilities.
We offer two types of internship opportunities:
Tax Season Internships
Tax Season internships typically run from January through April 15th and are focused on assisting the firm with tax projects. This may include tasks like compiling and organizing client information using an industry leading tool, Pfx Scan with AutoFlow and preparing returns. There also may be opportunities to assist in on-site client engagements with an experienced team member.
Summer Season Internships
Summer Season internships typically run from May through August and are focused on assisting the firm with audit projects. You will be working side-by-side with experienced team members who can offer direction, coaching and learning opportunities. You will be exposed to industry specific tools and software and develop an understanding of audit methodology. You may prepare and document workpapers as well as assist in the preparation of financial statements for clients.
Hear what our Interns have to say about their experience!
Internship opportunities are open to students who:
- are college Juniors or Seniors, majoring in Accounting and have at least a 3.0 GPA;
- have successfully passed at least one section of Intermediate Accounting;
- will be eligible to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation;
- desire to have a career in public accounting;
- ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of firm personnel;
- have a positive attitude, willingness to learn, ability to multi-task and strong critical thinking skills;
- are available to work at least 15-20 hours per week.