OCTOBER 12, 2020
Brown Edwards & Company, LLP, a Top 100 Accounting Firm based in Roanoke, Virginia, is pleased to announce Zach Webber, CPA, has joined the firm as a Director in our Richmond, Virginia office. Webber, who previously served as a Senior Manager with Keiter, brings over 10 years of experience to Brown Edwards. While focusing his efforts in the construction services niche, his prior experience in working with manufacturing, retail distribution and not-for-profits will further enhance the strong assurance and business advisory services currently being provided by the Richmond team.
Some of Zach’s professional accomplishments include:
- Managing 30+ separate annual financial statement audit engagements spanning a variety of industries, including real estate, construction, retail, hospitality, and manufacturing.
- Consulting with the CFO of a large construction client to suggest process improvement for the revenue recognition process for home developments resulting in the proper application of GAAP.
- Collaborating with a client in the hospitality industry to implement a change in the purchasing process that mitigated the risk of employee fraud.
- Assisting a client in the transportation industry in the accounting for issuance of equity compensation instruments, including determining fair value of the awards and the GAAP impact of their issuance.
- Publishing 5 technical accounting blog articles related to joint venture accounting, job costing, real estate trends, and revenue recognition under ASC 606.
“We are very excited Zach will be joining our Richmond team. He brings an impressive depth of experience and a commitment to delivering quality, personalized service that aligns well with our philosophy. We look forward to continuing the growth of our Richmond market with his contributions,” says Brown Edwards CEO Jason Hartman.
Zach earned his BBA with an emphasis in Accounting from James Madison University and an MBA from VCU. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, and Associated Builders and Contractors of Virginia and serves as Treasurer for the Autism Society of Central Virginia.