Electric Cooperative Accounting
B rown Edwards provides extensive, highest quality accounting services to a range of regulated entities; municipal entities that distribute electricity; cooperative organizations; and, specifically, electric cooperatives. Whether it be financial and compliance audits, tax compliance, or our industry-specific consulting services, Brown Edwards follows best practices to provide coops with needed guidance in the face of financial complexity
Financial and Compliance Audits
- Brown Edwards conducts external financial statement audits in accordance with government auditing standards, including the unique aspects of GAAP Accounting for Regulated Operations.
- We provide compliance audits in accordance with the lending requirements of the Rural Utilities Service and, as applicable, the Single Audit requirements of OMB Circular A-133.
Brown Edwards’ electric cooperative accounting team can assist you with a variety of business tax services, such as…
- Preparation of IRS Form 990
- Evaluation of Unrelated Business Income
- Cooperative taxation
- Tax filings of for-profit subsidiaries
Often, clients choose Brown Edwards for financial management and supporting their operations. Our tax consulting and accounting consulting for businesses includes:
- Litigation support and fraud investigations
- Merger / acquisition assistance
- Benefit plan accounting assistance and compliance reviews
- Internal control reviews