Tax laws are involved and constantly changing making a hands-on approach necessary when addressing the requirements of your business or individual situation.
Brown Edwards’ complete and diversified tax services include federal, state, and local tax return preparation. We emphasize tax planning – corporate, personal and estate including compensation, foreign operations, and mergers and acquisitions. We have a group of tax professionals who understand how unique and complex tax situations can be. We provide personalized service by taking the time to learn your business practices, identify tax strategies critical to your success, understand your financial goals, and provide you with a business plan to meet those goals.
To ensure the very best for our clients, we must help minimize tax liabilities while remaining in compliance with tax laws, collaborating with clients to identify and create opportunities for tax savings. With our tax professionals’ in-depth expertise and education, Brown Edwards can handle complexities for corporations, partnerships as well as individuals, with added specialization for a variety of industries.
Taxes are a certainty. You can count on Brown Edwards to develop tax strategies that give you the most benefit.
Tax Services Offered:
Business Entity Tax
Mergers and Acquisitions
Cost Segregation Services
Estates and Succession Planning
State and Local Consulting and Compliance
Estate Planning Services
Thoughts of estate planning often bring more questions than answers: Should the inheritance be given at a certain age? Is the intended beneficiary in a shaky marriage with divorce as a possibility? Are there children from a previous marriage? Should inheritance be protected from potential creditors of the heir? Are there taxes that can be avoided? Are you able to avoid the probate court rules, delays, and costs?
It is never too early to begin estate planning. In all cases, high quality estate planning will save your family time, heartache, and money.
Each estate planning scenario is different. In order to help you, we want to know you, your unique situation, and the nature of your relationships. We discuss all of these, providing useful research tools and making recommendations to make your plan simple and efficient, assisting you through every step of the process.
Our Estate Planning Services are designed to help you:
- Clearly define your estate planning goals.
- Select your estate planning partners.
- Assess and recommend estate planning options.
- Evaluate and review your estate planning documents including current wills, trusts, health care and power of attorney documents.
- Draft a working plan for conserving and effectively managing your estate after death.
- Transfer the assets of your estate to heirs the way you want.
- Organize fair and adequate liquidation of estate to cover taxes and other expenses.
As the world gets smaller, the body of knowledge needed to efficiently operate your business gets larger. What businesses can operate where; what local laws must you understand; how do you measure profit. These questions are just part of the array of issues you, or someone on your behalf, must master.
Whether you are importing or exporting, we’ll help you establish and maintain systems to accomplish your objectives. We have the knowledge and the experience to lead you through the legal and regulatory maze to successfully reach your goals.
International Employee Tax Issues:
- Taxation of Employees Working in Foreign Countries – Expatriates
- Taxation of Aliens – US-based International Employees
Inbound and Outbound Investments:
- Foreign businesses operating in the United States
- U.S. Businesses Operating in Foreign Countries
- Referral Contacts for Legal Work Related to Many Foreign Countries
- Foreign Tax Credit Planning and Compliance
- International Accounting Referrals Available Through The Leading Edge Alliance